06/01/2013

GOALS FOR 2013


So how many of you made New Year resolutions?
Personally I'm more of a fan of reflecting on all the good things that happened and making goals that will hopefully make the future year even better. Apparently if you write them down you stand a better chance of them becoming a reality. So here goes!

1. Take photography classes.
I feel like you should constantly be learning but sometimes life takes over and you need to allocate a specific day to let you concentrate on a project. I have always wanted to learn how to take good quality images, especially as images are so important in my work as a graphic designer and I love how you can capture a moment or memory forever.
I have signed up for a 10 week evening class that starts in March can't wait to get started.

2. Create a T-Shirt design.
I absolutely love a cool T-Shirt design.
There's nothing better than pulling on a fresh T-Shirt for that perfect night or day "look" and 
I am planning to design a beautiful, simple, one colour design as I feel "less is more" which will be able to be worn with either sequin shorts or skinny jeans.

3. Create a Tote Bag design.
I never have less than two bags with me at all times. I try and fit as much as I can in each day so you can easily find me going to work, then the gym or meeting friends for drinks. Any girl that's worth her salt has her token handbag to hold the essentials but I find I always need an additional shopper style bag, whether its for my lunch, workout gear or a change of clothes.
I want this bag to look as good as the rest of my outfit so I
 decided to create a design that will be printed onto a black tote bag in metallic ink. I just need to work on the design now!

4. Travel More.
Goal no. 4 is to travel more this year but 5 (Rome) and 7 (Berlin) are two specific places that I am aiming to go to. Image 4 is of the Sagrada Familia in Barcalona, a beautiful building inside and out. I try to visit as many places as I can so I tend not to visit anywhere more than twice but Barcelona is the one place where I felt at home instantly. I have been five times in the last six years and every time I go I love it a little bit more and have still got tons of things to do and see.
I honestly feel that travel and places are good for your soul.

6. Run a Half Marathon.
I generally like to keep fit but I do get bored heading to the gym 3 times a week. I've always liked running and joined a local running club at the end of 2012 this helped motivate me to give 100% at the gym and also look into mixing up my fitness regime with Yoga and resistance training with weights. For me exercise helps me feel relaxed and creative - for some reason all my best ideas come to me at the gym. I also became aware that to stay motivated I need a goal to work to so I have decide to keep my fitness levels up I will work towards a half marathon in Sept 2013 (a full marathon just feels too scary at this point!) and use 10km races along the way to help with my training.

Good Luck with your own goals and I'll let you know how I get on. 
Fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment