27/01/2013

A PICTURE TELLS A THOUSAND WORDS


I totally believe that a picture can tell a thousand words but while reading this weeks "Stylist" (a magazine that I absolutely love and can't believe they give it away!) I noticed a number of images contained so much texture within them that you could actually feel or experience the place or thing they were representing.
I created a montage of the images that appealed to me most; the cool relaxing ocean, hot, sweet pancakes, shattered but beautiful glass and a big red pout.
Each image made me think of the word that I have paired it with and it got me thinking; is this the future of advertising and photography? Once I had noticed this theme I saw it everywhere and the textured images definitely made sure the product / brand made a bigger impression than adverts that used a more editorial / studio shot.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment