17/02/2013

MATTHEW BOURNE'S SLEEPING BEAUTY


One of my favourite Disney films is Sleeping Beauty so when CJ got me tickets for Valentines to see Matthew Bourne's ballet version of it I was excited and a little bit apprehensive, on the inside I was pleading for it to be good. It was set in the beautiful Kings theatre and I took a panoramic picture from my seat to let you see the gorgeous detail for yourself. 

I am constantly inspired by things I see and do and was still thinking about the story, costumes and music the next day.

Matthew Bourne's take on a classic saw him deciding to replace the main villain Maleficent with her son who was looking for revenge 
which definitely kept you interested, the 3 hours whizzed by! 

By using the same music that featured in the Disney version makes sure you remember key moments and although you're not allowed to take photos during the performance I featured some website images and a link to the YouTube trailer for you to have a look at.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment