13/02/2013

Q&A



Can you introduce yourself and describe what you do?
Hello! I'm Nikki and I'm a designer and maker. I draw, screenprint, sew and dunk biscuits!

What is a typical day like for you?
Hmm- that's really difficult to answer as every day varies, depending on what I'm working on at the time...but that's how I like it!  One thing's set in stone though- I always start the day with a cup of tea!

Who or what inspires you?
I find inspiration can come from almost anywhere. I try to write or sketch down my ideas when they come as otherwise I'd forget them all!

What do you most enjoy about the work you do?
I love experimenting with new materials and ideas- it's like play time! 

What piece of work or achievement have you been most proud of so far?
At the moment it's my new Biscuit Tape. I'm a total stationery addict and avid washi tape collector, so I was really excited about making my own illustrated tape. The response to it so far has been brilliant- so it's great to know that other people like it too! 

What has the biggest challenge been so far?
Resisting the biscuit aisle in the supermarket. Cushions can be hungry work! ;) 

What's in store for the future?
I'm currently working on new products to add to the range. I don't want to say too much yet- but I'm really excited about it all!

Whenever you have read interviews before what question do you always wish they had asked?
Oh, good question! I think it would be: "What's your Favourite Recipe?"
I'd have to say- it's currently our homemade gyros. For anyone who's never been to Cyprus or Greece- a Gyro is a pita or bread wrap filled with grilled meat, chips & salad. We make them at home with homemade rosemary chips, grilled lamb, fresh tzatsiki and salad with lemon juice. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment