14/02/2013

20 THINGS I LOVE



<01>
BOARDWALK EMPIRE
Steve Buscemi, 1920's Glamour, Speakeasy's, Al Capone, Prohibition Laws
What's not to love! Series 4, Where are you?!

<02>
GLITTER BALLS
You just know it's going to be a good night if there's a glitter ball.
To me it means its time to catch up with the girls, have a giggle and a dance.

<03>
DAIRYMILK OREO
I'm not really a "chocolate" person but this is heaven.

<04>
BELLY LAUGHS
There is nothing better than a good belly laugh to make you feel better. Apparently for every happy friend you surround yourself with will make you 9% happier and it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile! 
If we needed any better reason to keep smiling this is it!



<05>
MUSIC FESTIVALS
I love hanging out with my friends and watching bands so festivals are perfect for me! Even if the weather's not ideal, the people and memories make it worthwhile.

<06>
HEELS
I am only 5" and am constantly looking up to people : ) 
so heels make me "normal" height at least some of the time.
Although I prefer little pumps for work and during the day (because I'm usually running late and therefore always running)

<07>
FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE
I liked Florence's first album "Lungs" but she cemented my love for her when she covered my all time favourite song "You've Got The Love" by Candi Staton.
My highlight of TinthePark 2012 was seeing her perform and crying (for some reason) at "Never Let me go". 
She is fabulous.

<08>
GLITTER
Anything glittery makes me happy, if a dress, bag or coat has sequins on it I am immediately drawn to it and have to have it.

<09>
STRAWBERRY MILLIONS
I love anything strawberry flavoured apart from strawberries, 
Apparently my mum went strawberry picking when she was pregnant and decided to eat a bit too many "free" samples.
These little sweets are perfect.

<10>
IRIS APFEL
I totally believe age is just a number and you can do whatever you want whenever you want.
Iris is the perfect cover girl for this belief as someone who is 91 and continuing to inspire people in the fashion world and the Metropolitan Museum of Art to MAC cosmetics.

<11>
HALLOWEEN
I love doing anything for a laugh and Halloween is the perfect excuse to spray everything silver and buy a laser gun (meant for 6 year olds).
Yes that's me in the purple wig and my sister dressed as Lady Gaga.

<12>
VIKTOR & ROLF'S FLOWERBOMB PERFUME
I found this perfume a couple of months ago and I love the smell so much I could actually eat it!

<13>
MOJITOS
So refreshing and reminds me of Barcelona, my favourite city.

<14>
CITIES
I am definitely a night person and there is always something to do in a city. 

<15>
SUNFLOWERS
This flower represents happiness to me for some reason.

<16>
TATTOOS
I believe tattoo's done well are a beautiful thing.
I have a butterfly already and have been working on designing my second one for the last 10 years.
Hey it needs to be perfect but I keep changing my mind.

<17>
TEA
To me tea has; social, soothing, relaxing and calming properties.
And tastes even better when someone else is making it for you!

<18>
WELL BEING
I'm a sucker for a self help book and it was by chance that I stumbled across The Secret. The basic theme of the "Law of Attraction" that runs through this book made so much sense to me and made me rethink about the way I think and do certain things for the better.

<19>
TINA TURNER
No explanation needed : )

<20>
TRAINERS
Trainers make me feel like a kid, which is never a bad thing.
And is it me or do they make you run faster?
No? Just me then : )

No comments:

Post a Comment