18/02/2014

DARKNESS CANNOT DRIVE OUT DARKNESS; ONLY LIGHT CAN DO THAT.




2 pairs of trousers, 2 tops, a jumper, a hoodie, a jacket, 2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of gloves, 2 scarfs, ear muffs, wellies and a ticket to "Electric Glen" at Rouken Glen.

It's a light installation event that was taking place in Rouken Glen but on the day of the event there was rain (as per in Scotland) and sleet with the promise of snow. I was actually checking the website every hour on the hour to see (I mean hoping) it was cancelled. When I was having no such luck I actually suggested we don't go, to which I got the reply "there's no such thing as bad weather just bad choice of clothes".
So off I popped to turn myself into the mitchellin man!


It snowed for a bit but I was so warm it actually looked quite pretty.

There was a cute walkway through the park where you passed coloured trees, patterned pathways and multi-coloured waterfalls. It took about an hour to walk around and I had a well deserved hot chocolate when we'd finished.

I'm so glad I made the effort, can you imagine if you cancelled plans because the weather wasn't ideal? 

You wouldn't do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment